On April 23, 2009 the L.V.M.P.D. SWAT team served a narcotics search warrant at the residence of Shontaz Ellon Hutchinson, where he was arrested for various narcotics related charges. He was later released on bail, and has failed to appear in court as ordered.
- Possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, and
- Criminal contempt of court.
Shontaz Ellon Hutchinson is a black male adult, 37 years of age, standing 6'3"tall and weighing approximately 183 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes. He sometimes spells his name with an “e” [Shantaze], and uses multiple dates of birth and social security numbers. Hutchinson’s last known address was in the 8500 block of Sonnett Court in Southwest Las Vegas.
Hutchinson’s extensive criminal history includes arrests for:
- Destroying evidence,
- Battery, domestic violence [multiple arrests],
- Child abuse,
- Possession of narcotics paraphernalia [multiple arrests],
- Possession of a controlled substance [multiple arrests],
- Non-medical possession of a controlled substance,
- Possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell [multiple arrests],
- Trafficking in a controlled substance [multiple arrests],
- Interstate transportation and sale of drugs,
- Possession of a controlled substance for sale,
- Ex-felon, failure to change address,
- Contempt of court,
- Larceny from a person,
- Under the influence of a controlled substance,
- Grand larceny auto,
- Numerous traffic related offenses,
- Carrying a concealed weapon, and
- Robbery with a deadly weapon.
Hutchinson is known to exhibit violent tendencies and should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with any information concerning the whereabouts of Shontaz Ellon Hutchinson is urged to contact the L.V.M.P.D. Fugitive Detail at 828-3578 or Crime Stoppers at 385-5555.