Monday, August 10, 2009
Manhunt Monday: Billy Cepero
UPDATE: Billy Cepero was apprehended August 26. An anonymous tip led Metro to his location. He ran out of the place he was hiding, and broke into a neighboring apartment. Metro's SWAT team surrounded Cepero, and took him into custody.
Metro Police are on the hunt for Billy Cepero, a Cuban born Hispanic male adult, 35 years of age, standing 5'6" tall and weighing 150 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. He sometimes uses the last name of Velazquez.
Cepero’s last known address was in the 3300 block of Myrtle Ave in Las Vegas. In the past Cepero has been known to drive a silver 2008 4-door Mazda sedan.
Cepero has an extensive and violent criminal history including acts of:
• Domestic battery,
• Robbery with a deadly weapon,
• Trafficking in a controlled substance,
• Numerous credit card and fraud related crimes,
• Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person,
• Carrying a concealed weapon,
• Narcotics trafficking,
• Burglary, and
• Kidnapping with a deadly weapon.
On May 18, 2009 officers came in contact with Cepero while conducting an investigation in an apartment complex in the 3800 block of Cambridge. Cepero immediately became combative, and during the struggle attempted to draw a weapon from his waistband. Cepero discharged his firearm, striking himself in his buttocks, and wounding a Metro Officer in the Leg. Cepero was taken into custody at that time, but was later released on bail and has failed to appear in court.
Billy Cepero is currently wanted for:
• Ex-Felon in possession of a firearm,
• Resisting a public officer,
• Discharging a firearm at or into a structure,
• Battery on a Police Officer with substantial bodily harm, and
• Carrying a concealed weapon
Billy Cepero should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with any information
concerning this suspect should immediately contact the L.V.M.P.D. Fugitive Detail at
828-3578 or Crime Stoppers at 385-5555.