Monday, August 24, 2009
Manhunt Monday - William Fountain
William Christopher Fountain is a white male adult, 30 years of age, standing 6/2" tall and weighing approximately 180 lbs. with brown hair and green eyes. His last known address was in the 2000 block of Garnet Gable in Las Vegas.
Fountain has an extensive and violent criminal history including:
• Robbery with a deadly weapon,
• Attempted murder,
• Possession of a stolen vehicle,
• Battery domestic violence, multiple offenses,
• Numerous narcotics related charges,
• Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person,
• Possession of a stolen firearm,
• X-felon in possession of a concealed firearm,
• Possession of stolen property,
• Possession of burglary tools, and
• Numerous traffic related offenses.
In August of 2008 Fountain came into contact with officers during a traffic stop in the southeast part of Las Vegas. During their investigation it was discovered Fountain, who is prohibited from legally possessing a firearm because of his criminal record, was caring an unregistered handgun concealed within his underwear. Fountain was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and booked into the Clark County Detention Center on one count of carrying a concealed firearm. After being released on bail, Fountain failed to make his required court appearance, and is now wanted for Carrying a concealed weapon.
In June of 2009 Fountain forced his way into the home of his former girlfriend. He violently attacked her with his fists, and threatened her with a crowbar, before dragging her down the hall by her hair. He then stole several items from the home and fled before police arrived. Fountain is now also wanted for:
• First degree kidnaping, and
• Battery, domestic violence.
William Christopher Fountain should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with any information concerning his whereabouts should contact the L.V.M.P.D. Criminal Apprehension team at 636-5065 or Crime stoppers at 385-5555.