Monday, September 7, 2009
Manhunt Monday -- Ana Marie Balos
Update: Balos was captured October 1, 2009 thanks to a tip from someone who saw her face on a News 3 Manhunt Monday report.
In December of 2008 Ana Marie Balos attempted to cash a forged check at a local casino by presenting fraudulent identification to casino cage personnel. She was detained by casino security, and when Metro Officers arrived she was placed under arrest. The following day Balos was released from jail on her own recognizance, and has failed to appear in court as required to answer the charges.
Warrants have now been issued for Ana Marie Balos charging her with one count each of:
• Attempted theft, and
• Possession of false identification.
In an additional but unrelated case, Balos is also wanted on outstanding warrants charging her with:
• Conspiracy to violate the controlled substance act,
• Sale of methamphetamine, and
• Trafficking in methamphetamine,
Ana Marie Balos is an Asian female, 37 years of age, standing 5'6" tall and
weighing approximately 165 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. Her last known
address was in the 3900 block of Blairmore in North Las Vegas.
Balos’s criminal history includes arrests for:
• Trafficking in a controlled substance,
• Sale of a controlled substance,
• Violation of the controlled substance act,
• Conspiracy to commit theft, and
• Conspiracy to commit burglary.
Anyone with any knowledge of the whereabouts of Ana Marie Balos is urged to contact the L.V.M.P.D. Fugitive Detail at 828-3578 or Crime Stoppers at 385-5555.