Monday, October 19, 2009
Manhunt Monday - David McCoy
In March 2008 David Kartez McCoy became involved in a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend. The argument turned violent, and McCoy battered his victim. Officers located McCoy several months later and arrested him on that charge, along with other outstanding warrants for similar crimes. McCoy was subsequently released on bail, and has failed to appear in court as ordered.
David Kartez McCoy is currently wanted for:
• Felony Battery - domestic violence; three or more priors in seven years,
• Felony Battery with a deadly weapon with substantial bodily harm, and
• Misdemeanor Battery, domestic violence
McCoy is a black male adult, 38 years of age, standing 5'7" tall and weighing approximately 200 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes. McCoy also uses the last names of “Ford” and “McCoyford”, and sometimes goes by the street names of “Mac” and “Mac-d”.
McCoy has the following tattoo’s:
• “Lil Lawrence RIP” on his abdomen,
• The words “Dejah Taje” and “”Pay me or pay me no attention” on his chest,
• The words “Zig Zag Man”, “Student of Game”, “Big Syko” , and the phrase “Do 3's get to go to Heaven”, all on his right upper arm,
• The words: Hustler” and “Preces”, and the phrase “Who do you believe in” on his left arm, along with a picture of a cross,
• Chinese writing on his right forearm, and
• The Star of David on his left forearm.
McCoy has an extensive criminal record, including arrests for:
• Multiple arrests for battery domestic violence,
• Convicted person failure to change address,
• Contempt of Court,
• Possession of marijuana, and
• Over 30 traffic and vehicle related violations.
Anyone with any information concerning the whereabouts of David Kartez McCoy is urged to contact the L.V.M.P.D. Criminal Apprehension Team at 636-5065 or Crime Stoppers at 385-5555.