In response to the overwhelming community support of Officer Madland, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and United Blood Services will be hosting two blood drives. These are replacement blood drives, with donated blood to be used to re-supply the community’s blood bank.
The public is invited to donate blood at the following events:
- Monday, March 29: University Medical Center. The United Blood Services Bloodmobile will be in the UMC parking lot from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. UMC is located at 1800 West Charleston Boulevard. No appointment is needed to donate. First come, first serve.
- Tuesday, March 30: Las Vegas City Hall. United Blood Services will be accepting donations in the HR Training Room (2 floor, south side) from 8:00 a.m. from 2:00 p.m. City Hall is located at 400 East Stewart Avenue. No appointment necessary. First come, first serve.
Citizens wishing to donate at alternate times or locations may contact United Blood Services at http://www.unitedbloodservices.org/
United Blood Services donation center hours are as follows:
- Monday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There is not an urgent call for blood at this time; the community blood supply is stable. These replacement blood drives are used to re-supply the community’s blood bank.
The outpouring of support for this law enforcement hero is truly amazing. Metro has received hundreds of phone calls from citizens offering to donate blood to Officer Madland. Metro thanks the public for its incredible generosity and support.